7

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Quilted Baptism Card

I'm the Godfather now, at least to my niece Antonia.


I needed a special card for this ocassion, so I made this top folding card.

There are several layers in this card:
A back light pink layer with a white layer on top embossed using the Quilted, Next Level Embossing Folder from We R Memory Keepers. I really love the dimension these folders allow, making paper look like fabric.
The banners are just white cardstock stamped using the Hero Arts Tiny Stars Stamp and the Pinstripe Stamp with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. They are glued to the quilted panel with Aleene's Tacky Glue.
My niece's name is foiled using Opal Therm O Web Foil on Strathmore Laser Translucent Vellum that I glued on top of a light pink offset panel using Multi Medium Matte glue behind the letters. I like using laser Vellum for foiling because it stands the heat of the laminator without warping. The sparkle and shine of the opal foil looks amazing. The faux stitching is embedded in the vellum panel, but I used a white gel pen afterwards to make it more noticeable.
Finally, for the focal point of the card I made a Medallion using OAK Tree Stamps' Baptism Kids Digital Stamp Set.
The set comes with 3 PNG files to print, but also with 3 SVG files to draw using the writing feature of your machine, which is great if you are not sure what size to use. I used the SVG file, flipped it, placed it on the faux stitched circle and drew it using a Pilot V5 pen.

The image was colored using a few shades of COPIC markers (Skin: E00-E21, Cheeks R20, Hair: E35-E57, Halo: E21-E27, Robe: N2-N4), and finished it with two coats of Clear Wink Of Stella to the robe and the halo to make it sparkle.
For the little flowers I used a darker color cardstock and embellished them with little self adhesive rhinestones. Folding the petals up make them look . I then popped the medallion using some Foam Tape to give it more dimension.

I finished the card with some sequins from Craft Medley making sure to use a strong adhesive like Ranger's Multi Medium Matte.

I hope you like this one, please, don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Instructions
  1. Import in DS
  2. Resize to 4.25 inches wide
  3. Cut
  4. Assemble
  5. Enjoy!
Supplies List

If links don´t seem to open, please right click and select "open link in a new tab", it should take you to a save file dialog. Let me know in the comments if links don´t work, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

amazon