7

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Baby Darth Layered Birthday Card

I made this today, although the SVG has been cooking for some time now
This card involves cutting, drawing and scoring with Cricut explore.

I still don't know how to group objects in Illustrator so they are grouped after importing to design space, so you must change the function to score the lines and to write the letters and curves.
I've made it easy:
Green lines = scoring
orange lines = write

I used paper from the Neenah Creative Collection Texture and Metallic, and cricut metallic pen silver and American Crafts Slick Writer Pen Black Fine (They fit wonderfully en the pen holder of the cricut explore).
For assembling I used Scotch ATG gun.
I realized the edges shifted a little after assembling so y cut them evenly with my Fiskars rotary paper trimmer.





It came out great I think, plus there's lots of space to write additional messages.
Enjoy
Supplies List
 click to buy from affiliate click to buy from affiliate click to buy from affiliate click to buy from affiliate click to buy from affiliate
 click to buy from affiliate
If links don´t seem to open, please right click and select "open link in a new tab", it should take you to a save file dialog. Let me know in the comments if links don´t work, thanks

2 comments:

  1. This didn't work for me. The letters didn't come out well at all.

    ReplyDelete

amazon